Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Fold Up

After getting notice that Cathy received the Valentine Exchange, I can show a picture of it now. The designs are taken from "Valentine Wishes" from Blue Ribbon Designs and it's finished off as Fold Up. It was a pleasure to stitch it for Cathy, and I'm glad she likes it.

Valentine Wishes - Front
Valentine Wishes by Blue Ribbon Designs
Finishing technique by Judy Odell (Just A Thought)
Stitched on 28ct hand dyed Jobelan
using the recommended Gentle Art Sampler Threads

Valentine Wishes - Back
Backside of the fold up


The complete Valentine Exchange

And here a picture of the complete exchange. That is not a box of chocolate, but a calendar. I had to save that one from my daughter....lol.


There are not much stitching related news here. Because of my father not being well I didn't have much time for stitching.

14 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

I love this one, too, Gabi! - Wonderful job & I'm sure much appreciated. Hope your dad is doing better.

jennilynn said...

Gabi, it's beautiful. You do such lovely work.

Kathy said...

Gabi, Your finish is fabulous. I am in awe at these fold ups.

Giovanna said...

Lovely finish, Gabi, well done! I hope your father will be better soon.

Nancy said...

You really did 2 of these already?? They are so gorgeous! I wend back and printed the instructions, just not sure what pattern I would like to use. I don't like the one they used....I couldn't tell what they spelled out...could you tell? Or was it just me?

Fatema said...

What lovely flatfolds.

Karen said...

This is beautiful. Kudos on your finishing.

Lynn B said...

I just love this Gabi!

Meari said...

Nice job, Gabi!

Carol R said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing!

htimcj said...

Beautiful stitching!
Heidi-ILCS

Rene la Frog said...

Love the fold up, very pretty and again you did a awesome job on it. I'm going to have to try to find instructions for it since when my computer crashed I lost all the issues of the magazine

Rene la Frog said...

Love the fold up, very pretty and again you did a awesome job on it. I'm going to have to try to find instructions for it since when my computer crashed I lost all the issues of the magazine

Autumn said...

I have not done a flatfold before (and frankly am scared to try) but I think these are beautiful!!