Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love is in the Air

First of all....I received the exchange piece from the "Stitch Red for your Heart" exchange....and I'm in love with it. Leigh stitched for me this fantastic 15sided biscornu. You should see it in person...it's SO beautiful. Thank you so much Leigh for this beautiful piece and also for the candle holders and the red floss.





I finally finished this scissor pocket called "Token of Love" This one was in my travel bag for donkey's ages, and I thought it's time to get it out and finish it. The initials of my daughters and my husband are worked in it :)


"Token of Love" by Barbara Bernard
stitched on Belfast "Country Cream" 
with Threadworx and Gentle Art Thread

Then there is a little surprise for my husband. In reality I wanted to stitch something completely different for him. The plan was to stitch a design from Paulette Steward (Plumstreet Samplers). But...some gremlins stole my time and at once it was to late to order that design from the US, and of course it wasn't available anywhere in Australia. Never mind, I made him that little key thingo and will stitch him the other one at a later time. 
I tried to use some "manly" colors and finished it off with a black backing. I'm pretty sure he won't tolerate anything pinkish on his keys. Men can be amazingly  sensitive...lol. Sorry for the rather crappy picture. But it was taken in the evening. 

"Love" from the Stitcherhood
 This freebie can be found here 
Stitched over one on 28ct hand dyed Jazlyn (Silkweaver Solo)
with Gentle Art Threads


Next in row is an applique piece, which is my second piece ever, and I'm pretty pleased how it turned out. I mounted that on a canvas. The kit was laying around here since months  simply because I'm a chicken and didn't have the courage to start it. After this one was finished, I ordered  2 more out of the serie (Hope and Faith).


Love by Kenna McRyan


And that was enough "Love" for one post...don't you think so?

43 comments:

Annie Bee said...

What a beautiful biscornu to receive. Love the sissor pocket just beautiful. You have been very busy.

Carolyn NC said...

Biscornu is gorgeous - great exchange! Your scissor pocket and key chain also look great!

Habibi said...

Beautiful stitching.

Ineke said...

The biscornu is beautiful!
I love the way you finished the Kenna McRyan project.

Carissa said...

Love the biscornu that you got and your scissor pocket looks great! How nice that your DH will use the key tag, can't imagine my dh would do that. The applique looks good also!

Tracy said...

wonderful work, I love that you incorporated your hubby and daughter's initials in the scissor pocket, family means so much.

Emily in NC said...

The Key fob is great, you hubby will "love" it. My hubby carried around a pink diaper bag for a year, a little pink wont kill them.

Meari said...

Everything is so beautiful, Gabi :)

Unknown said...

Gabi, what a sweet gift for your husband, I bet he loved it! Paulette's designs are just wonderful and she has three new ones coming out that I can't wait to stitch.

Enjoy your week.

Debbie Jo said...

Love the biscornu,,it is beautiful. Your stitching and sewing projects are very nice.

Gillie said...

So glad you finished the scissor pocket and the applique is great - very nice idea to finish on the canvas. Can't see my husband carrying a key fob (sob) - not the manly aspect, he just hates the bulkiness of anything but the keys!

Carol said...

All of your projects and the gift look gorgeous.
Nice to see applique done as a "painting".

Sandy In Montana said...

Lovely finishes, Gabi. I just love the scissor pocket.

Happy Stitching .. Sandy

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, such a beautiful biscornu. The assembling must be a bit tricky. This one is just perfect. Enjoy this exchange.
Wonderful, your scissor pocket. And your husband must have been very pleased to receive the Key ring thingy. Very nice stitching ideas.

Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS said...

Lovely work Gabi! I really enjoyed cruising through your blog. Cute doggies! Interesting lizard. Nice family photos too.
Hugs
Julie
www.justjulie.typepad.com

Justflo said...

You have been busy. What lovely stitching.

Giovanna said...

Beautiful finish, and beautiful gift! I agree with your previous post, we need to find a place which sells us time...

Deb said...

What a beautiful gift to receive! It's very pretty! And what a wonderful finish you had! It really is gorgeous.

Katrien said...

The key chain looks great! The scissor pocket too.

Nina said...

Gabi, the biscornu is very pretty, and the scissors case is so wonderful!
I like your works :)

Greetings,
Nina

Nancy M said...

I think we are twins!! LOL Of course I love the scissor keep! The biscornu is just gorgeous, and the key ring for the DH is filled with LOVE!!!! Keep up the good work and remember if you need me to hook you up with any goodies from the US I would be more than willing.

Anonymous said...

Lovely exchange! And wonderful scissor pocket, I think Nancy M also did this design & I may have to put this design on my wish list. Also love your sewing project! I also know all about having to use manly colors.

staci said...

What a lovely exchange you've received!

Your scissor pocket is absolutely outstanding! Gorgeous stitching and finishing!!!

Anne Marieke said...

That McKenna Ryan Love is gorgeous, Gabi, as are the other pieces! You're doing great with applique!

Aussie Stitcher said...

The biscornu that you received is gorgeous. I love your scissor pocket, it turned out beautifully.

Shelley said...

Your scissor pocket is gorgeous, I want one, lol! All of your projects look very pretty.

Siobhán said...

I love the scissor pocket, and what a neat idea for your husband's key chain! Very cool. Fabulous biscornu, too. Lovely work!

MaryT said...

Really pretty!

Jo said...

Fabulous scissor pocket and the applique is beautiful, I'm a big fan of applique (after stitching) and always have some on the go.

Unknown said...

Lovely biscornu and all your stitching is so beautiful

EvalinaMaria said...

It looks wonderful! Congratulations.

Rene la Frog said...

Congrats on some great finishes.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

How neat that your DH will use the key chain and your scissor pocket is gorgeous. Love the biscornu you received also.

Sandy

Marie said...

Love the biscornu.

I must say that you are an amazingly talented woman. I love the scissor pocket, the Love key tag and the applique...What a great idea to mount that applique like that.

Kudo's to your husband for truly appreciating your fine work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabi, I just came across your beautiful blog tonight, you have some wonderful stitching

Cindy's Stitching said...

The scissor pocket is beautiful. You have received an award. If you visit my blog you will see your name and you can pick up your award.

Olga said...

What a pretty exchange you've got! Love your "Token of Love" - it's so pretty!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that biscornu is just amazing!!!

That scissor pocket is lovely and that key ring for your hubby is too.

~Narita said...

HiGaby,

I just love your Token of Love Scissor Pocket. It came out absolutely gorgeous. I love your color choices, too. SOOOOOO PRETTY!

~Narita

LadyV said...

Lovely biscornu, beautifully finished. Your scissor pocket is absolutely gorgeous.

Vee
brokenneedle.typepad.com

Patty C. said...

Beautiful Work :)

FIONA said...

Gabi I love the "Token of Love" Scissor Pocket - I have just purchased it from Barbara! I'm inspired to start stitching it now!! Love the biscornu too!

ALVA said...

Me encanta el guarda tijeras

ES PRECIOSO

ALVA