Thursday, December 29, 2011

Raise a Glass of Cheer for 2012

I hope everone had a very blessed Christmas and enjoyed time spent with family and loved ones. We had here a reasonable quite time, and that was rather enjoyful. :)

With the old year rushing to it's end,  I would like to wish everyone now already a Very Happy New Year and hopefully the new year will bring only good things to you.  Let it be a healthy year, and a year without worries.  Let's all raise a glass of cheer on this wish shall we?

 Raise a Glass of Cheer
Designer: Black Bird Designs
Fabric: 32ct Belfast "Country Cream"
 Fibers: Gentle Art as recommended with one exeption
Replaced GA Old Red Paint with Threadworkx Cherry.

This design was laying was laying around in "almost finished" stage way too long. Trying to fool Santa into that I'm a good girl I quickly took the needle up (impressions are worth a lot after all).....

Alla Turca
Designer: Pelin Tezer
Stitched over one on 25ct Lugana White
with Threadworkx Bleeding Heart

It kinda worked. Got lots of stash for Christmas,. Lots of charts, but also.....ohhh sooooo happy.....
A color card of NPI silks. With real thread - finally I can mix and match to my hearts desire. SO happy with that. 
And then there also the Kangaroo scissors!!!!

Enough of that, may I introduce you to my newest bestest friend ever - the lovely Miss Charlotte Clayton. We're inseparable at the moment. 
 
 Charlotte Clayton
Northwest Sampler Guild
36ct Lakeside Linen Vintage Sand Dune
recommended NPI silks

Lastly poor little Frederik is trying to get a bit stitching on him done too. But you know how it is when girls get chatty. Not much done here yet.

 Frederick
Designer: Carriage House Samplings
Stitched on 40ct Lakeside Linens "Vintage Pearled Barley"
with NPI silks

36 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful your scissor ....
Happy New Year
Pat

Hazel said...

I will certainly raise a glass with you gabi. This has been a hell of a year which I will be glad to see the back of. Love all your wips. X

cucki said...

beautiful stitching and cute scissor.
happy new year.
love
cucki xx

Ellen said...

Raising my glass with you, wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year!

Your stitching is gorgeous!

Love your stash too! Silk and scissors, what more can a girl ask?

Hugs,

Cardygirl said...

Lovely stitching...Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Happy New Year Gabi!
Charlotte is so beautiful. I can see why you are addicted.
It looks like you got some great stash, gotta love the kangaroo scissors.

Mouse said...

oooooo well done on the finishes and wow love the thread chart and the scissors are soooo cute and come on girl Frederick wants some more doing to him ..lol
wishing you a very merry stitchy new year too :) love mouse xxx
ps doo love the new start as well :)

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I love the BBD and Pelin Tezer finishes! And Charlotte is looking so wonderful! Isn't she a beautiful girl? :D Poor Frederick. I'm sure he will wait patiently. I wish you a wonderful New Year!

Nancy said...

I will raise a glass of cheer with you Gabi! I wish you a very Happy New Year. I hope it will be a good one for everyone. I stitched this project too and enjoyed every minute. Your red stitching is gorgeous as are your works in progress. You received lovely gifts - no wonder you are so happy!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finish!! What a beautiful BBD. Love your WIPs, too, especially Charlotte. Nice scissors!

Carol said...

Wishing you a very happy new year, too. Looks like you'll have lots to keep you busy in 2012--I just adore your latest start--absolutely lovely :) And how cute are those kangaroo scissors!!

Happy New Year, Gabi!!

diamondc said...

Beautiful finihes, I love your new scissors.
Happy Newyear
Catherine

the striped rose said...

Oh, dear, now I think I need to add Charlotte Clayton to my list

staci said...

Your finishes are gorgeous Gabi! Enjoy your new stash and new projects! Happy New Year!!!

Nancy M said...

Someone does think you were a good girl!! Some great stash you acquired!!! Lovely finishes and some lovely WIP I look forward to seeing more of. Happy New Year to you too!

Laurie in Iowa said...

The BBD and P. Tezer pieces are wonderful. You received lovely gifts for Christmas... I'd love one of those NPI color charts too.
Happy New Year!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow - lovely finishes and great new beginnings. That's some fine stash you have there, too. I know you'll enjoy it !

valerie said...

Lovely stitching Gabi! Your Alla Turca is gorgeous in that red thread. Charlotte Clayton looks great so far and that NPI color card will come in handy! Happy New Year!

Deb said...

Wonderful stitching Gabi. And beautiful scissors.

Happy New Year!

Lois said...

Raising my glass and wishing you and yours health and happiness in 2012. Great WIP's, lovely scissors, enjoy your new stash and what a great time to finish that BBD!

Bertie said...

A gorgeous design Gaby, you have got the right idea!!
Lovely scissors and Charlotte looks intriguing.

Raising a glass here too and wishing you a Wonderful New Year :))

geeky Heather said...

Kangaroo scissors!!!!! *faints*

Your Alla Turca is absolutely gorgeous!

marly said...

I'm anxious to watch progress on Clayton. I don't have the chart but have always considered adding it to stash. Your red piece is gorgeous. Best wishes for the new year!

Catherine said...

What beautiful stitches! Raising my glass to wish you all the best in 2012 and many stitching hours!

Catherine said...

What beautiful stitches! Raising my glass to wish you all the best in 2012 and many stitching hours!

BrendaS said...

Gabi --
Great finish, great starts and wonderful gifts!

Happy New Year to you:)

Kathy Ellen said...

What a lovely BBD piece to host in the New Year of 2012!

The 'Ala Turca' piece is gorgeous! You will certainly have fun stitching your WIP's with your cute kangaroo scissors and picking out your favorite NPI silks!

Blessings to You, Gabi, for the New Year!

Ineke said...

Beautiful stitching!
A happy and healthy new year to you and your loved ones.

Kate said...

Lovely finishes Gabi.
I like your silk stash, I think I have those scissors myself.
Great start on your wips.
Happy New Year.

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

this is agreat blog. I have become your newest follower. happy new year
x catherine

Giovanna said...

Happy New Year! Congrats on the finishes - they're gorgeous, as are your WIPs. Love the kangaroo scissors too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Gabi what lovely last finishes for 2011!!!! Congratulations!

What great stash you got for Christmas!

Lovely wips

Have a great 2012

Pumpkin said...

Fantastic finishes! You must have some smokin' needles ;o)

NPI color cards???? I didn't even know you could get them!

Can't wait to see more of your WIPs.

Happy New Year Gabi!

Patty C. said...

Oh Gabi - Just beautiful !!!!!

La Nouille said...

I love your version of Alla Turca. It looks even more beautiful stitched as a miniature.

La Nouille said...

I love your version of Alla Turca. It looks even more beautiful stitched as a miniature.