Thursday, June 4, 2009

Most beautiful Mail Art - A Christmas ornament and Mary Wigham SAL

Look what the mail man brought today - I'm still completely stunned and in awe. Nancy Murdock made a gorgeous piece of mail art and - what came as a total surprise to me - I was the lucky recipient. It was put in a clear plastic zip lock bag and it is SO beautiful. I love love love it. My husband and I were wondering how many people working at the postal services were admiring this. Quite a lot we think. It's pretty unusual AND gorgeous. The stitching - the fabric - the colors. I'm at a loss for words. Thank you Nancy, you brightened up my day. Thank you also for the nice finishing forms and the floss. Love those colors too - exactly my taste.


Feast your eyes on this beautiful piece of mail art:

Mail Art Front
Mail Art back


I also have something to show - my first Christmas ornament this year. I chose a design from the "Just Christmas Ornaments" 2700 magazine. It is for an exchange on my favorite yahoo group "I love Cross stitch". It's quite a neat exchange. Every participant makes an ornament and all ornaments are sent to one of the moderators. Rene collects them all - enjoys all the ornaments while she's at it...lol - and then sends each participant one of the ornaments. Anyway....here is mine.

Christmas Blessings by Milady's Needle
Fabric: 28ct Quaker Cloth Khaki
Thread: Thread Gatherer Silk n Colors, Rainbow Gallerie Petite Braid and Mill Hill beads


And there are also some exiting news for the Quaker Sampler fans. Are you just as me a fan of the Ackworth School and their beautiful antique samplers? If yes, you don't want to miss this SAL. Jaqueline Holdsworth who is a designer dedicated to the Ackworth School of samplers just started on her blog a new SAL where she will publish each week another part of a most beautiful Quaker sampler called Mary Wigham. The download is for free, although Jaqueline would highly appreciate it if you would donate $1 for each download to the Ackworth School.

17 comments:

5 Foot Runt said...

That is such a beautiful mail art. What a wonderful blessing. I haven't been able to send mine just yet. Your ornament is lovely. I love the colors on that. You've put a lot of care into it and beleive me it shows. I really enjoy looking at the things you stitch. And thank you for the info on the new SAL. I am thinking about it.

Olga said...

Nancy's Mail Art is fantastic and I love your Christmas ornament, it's an eye candy!

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful mail art! What a nice surprise. Love your ornament. I've already downloaded the first pt. of the SAL, though it'll be awhile before I start it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff! I love that ornament, I want to stitch it too sometime - well done!

Wendy said...

Oooh wow! This sure is some nice stuff! She did a wonderful job to make this for you!!

Groetjes,
Wendy

Mel said...

Wow!
What great mail art. This is truly such a neat idea. :)

Your ornament is so cute. I will be doing one up for the exchange as well.

Kathy said...

Oh my, yes, that mail art piece is stunning!! Love the colors, the design, everything.
I also love the ornament you stitched.

htimcj said...

What a beautiful mail art piece! I am glad that it made it through the mail ok. That is something you will also treasure. Your ornament looks great too. I can't wait to see everyone's.
Heidi-ILCS

Nancy M said...

Glad it got there OK, After I had the velcro closures, I wanted to secure it more, so I tacked the back with those stitches. But then I found the perfect baggie for it, so I didn't really need to do it. It only took 5 days too! I'm glad you liked it, I enjoy your blog and your friendship. Your ornament is beautiful and finishing perfect as usual!

Carol said...

Lovely projects. The mail art looks intriguing and the Christmas ornament is lovely.

Meari said...

Beautiful ornament, Gabi. As is the envelope!

Cole said...

Wow, what a beautiful mail art! Your ornament is lovely too :)

Sandy In Montana said...

Very beautiful ornament Gabi, you always do such lovely work.

Siobhán said...

Wow!!! I can imagine how much receiving that beautiful mail art made your day! I love the ornament--it's gorgeous!!

I'm still debating about Mary Wigham, but will probably give in and start it. I just have to try to forget how many Quakers I already have kitted &/or started!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful mailart.
All your BAPS are lovely.
I really liked the Chatelaine design.

HereBeDragons said...

You're right. That's incredible mail art!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gabi
WOW A very nice blog, I like everything you do!!
I am also delighted to see my mail art design, embroidery!

Maria del Valle