Monday, October 12, 2009

Back in Manhattan!!!

Sometimes an old love is better then anything new. While dabbling what to start next and since Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow is not here yet, not being able to make any decent decision, I pulled up my good old "Manhattan Wonderland" and fell in love again with it. Have everything laying here to start a LHN for my Christmas stitching, but simply can't put Manhattan away. Oh well, who cares. At least I have fun stitching again.





I also knitted another square, this time the Janet Martin square.  And I *should* start sewing these squares together. Because I do not like hand sewing. And sewing together 24 squares - followed by the huge edging, gives me now already night mares. So I better start it...soon....next week (may be).

And lastly there is a sewing update. I made a knitting needle roll. Looked through all online patterns and made then one up that I liked. Plus I added some padding on the main body (not on the flap). All by all I'm a happy camper with it. And I might make something too for my circular needels. Saw a really cute one that suits my needs.




18 comments:

Donna said...

Yes sometimes old loves are the best! I do like your knitted squares and can't wait to see it put together!

JessB said...

What a lovely piece! Can't wait to see more of it. The knitting needle roll is a great idea! I may have to make a couple of those as well- in the time I can spare from stitching. :)

Carolyn NC said...

You are so talented. Love the MW, square, and needleroll!

Nancy M said...

Manhattan looks good, glad to see you're enjoying stitching. Your squares are just beautiful! That needle roll looks really handy for a knitter.

Katrien said...

all your projects look great. It's good you had fun again sittching.

Rene la Frog said...

Get stitching, knitting and sewing...you're a very talented lady

Olga said...

Manhattan is gorgeous! I love your knitting too.

Sadie said...

Nice stitching Gabi! I hate hand sewing too.
Very nice knitting needle roll, you have had a very productive week :-)

Unknown said...

All your projects are so lovely Gabi. Years ago, I use to knit all the kids jumpers and cardis, I stopped when knits seem to go out of fashion lol.

Giovanna said...

Nice WIP, glad you found your love for it again. And great job on the afghan square!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

How clever, love that needle holder!
Your knitting is beautiful, just beautiful.

Your Manhatten piece looks good, alot of solid stitching!

Yes, every one is waiting on Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. I debated on doing this one but I'm not going to do it this year. Maybe next year. If I start a piece that big I have to start it by July or so.

Jennifer

Meari said...

Glad you're enjoying Manhattan :) Your knitted squares are really pretty. Maybe if you do a little sewing each week, it won't be so bad? Nice knitting needle roll! My knitting needle set came with a nice zippered case that I really like. (Not that I've knitted in YEARS, lol)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your Manhattan piece is going to be fantastic, I can tell!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow...your are coming right along on your Manhattan...good for you.

I hate to tell you this but I got my pattern "Christmas at Hawk Run Hallow" I got mine on Friday.

Your Knitting is beautiful too. I crochet but not Knit.

Your Needleroll is so darling too.

You do beautiful work.

Take care & Happy Stitching
Linda K from ILCS

htimcj said...

Manhattan Wonderland is coming along nicely.
I love your knitted squares and the holder you made. Can't wait to see the finished blanket.
Heidi-ILCS

Siobhán said...

I agree with Donna--sometimes old loves are best! Manhattan is going to be a gorgeous finish when it's done. YGG on the needleroll--how clever! I love the Aran square, too.

Cindy F. said...

Gabi, you are so talented!!
So glad your stitching on Manhattan again and what a beautiful knitted square and knitting needle roll!
You're making me want to hit my craft room!!

Justflo said...

Your Manhattan Wonderland looks like a good choice. It seems to be quite a large piece. Bet it looks spectacular when finished.



wizzybuff