Sunday, October 25, 2009

Update on Manhattan

Most stitching was lately for "Manhattan Wonderland" which I have troubles to stop with. Finally I love every stitch again and look forward to the evening to sit down and stitch.




AND (insert a happy dance here)  I received the chart for "Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow" and will start that soonish. The  fabric is already sown to the scroll rolls, and the threads for part one are ready and sorted too. I ordered a beautiful 25ct Lugana in the color "Vintage Marble Country Mocha" and will use this. Because I never stitched on 40ct I tried that on a small piece. I have a fat quater of Light Examplar 40ct floating around. But decided after only couple of stitches that stitching over one on 25ct flows way easier off my hands. For 40ct I need a magnifier and have to be careful not to miss one of these tiny threads. 25ct is easy to see, and needs way less concentration for me. I rather do something small on 40ct first. But who knows, may be in couple of months I at once love working on 40ct. Things tend to change from while to while...lol.


3 weeks ago I started another travel project. One of my kitted up ones which was patiently waiting for its turn. It's a scissor pocket. Nancy started stitching it as well, and she finished it now couple of times to give it to some friends.You should have a look here at her fantastic color choices. I'm not using the original colors either, but chose a mixture of Threadworx and Gentle Art threads


 A Token of Love
Designer Barbara Bernard

On the knitting front I finished another square for the Aran Afghan. This one is designed by Ann Strong. And I still haven't started to put the squares together...lol.



 And because I was tired of my wool floating freely around while knitting- and because my Jack Russel Lucy AND my cats thought that was purely to pleasure them - I made a "Caddy" as it's offially called. I call it a sown bucket...LOL. The plan was to put a hard bottom into it, but I decided against it and leave it as it it. This way I can easy put it away next to my seat. I also store smaller stitching wips in there.



16 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything is lovely as always Gabi!

Olga said...

I love your Manhattan Wonderland", you've made a great progress on it! All other projects are pretty too.
Have a great week!

Nancy M said...

Manhattan is coming right along! Looks like lots of the sky is done, which is good and bad...could be boring but fast to stitch and now the confetti comes along!!!Will look forward to seeing more appear! It was so funny when you told me you were doing the same scissor pocket... we must be twins in different countries! Thanks for linking my stitching to your blog!

Nancy M said...

Oh and I forgot, I saw the Christmas at Hawk Hollow stitched at the Jubilee (several people bought the pattern) and one got material. 36ct, she wasn't willing to do the 40 either. But it stitched on 40 ct looks really nice!! My eyes couldn't take it either.

Deb said...

Everything looks wonderful Gabi. I really don't know how one does those HAED designs, but they are truly stunning. And I love your block for the Aran afghan. I'm going to start that soon, but had to get my knitting chops back with a scarf first!! Can't wait to see your start on CHRH - that's such a great piece and I like your idea of using the fabric you chose.

Shelley said...

Wow you are really getting a lot of stitching done on Manhattan!!

Sadie said...

Manhattan is really coming along Gabi, I am glad you are enjoying working on it :-)
I look forward to seeing your start of CaHRH. I do not think I could do 40ct fabric either.

Giovanna said...

Great progress on Manhattan! I found the Anne Strong square to be one of the most pleasant to knit so far. That caddy is gorgeous, I really should graduate to something similar for my knitting.

Brigitte said...

Wow, you made some great progress on Manhattan. And you started that scissor pocker that I had admired on Nancy's blog. HHer pockets look gorgeous and yours will too. Can't wait to see it finished on your blog.

Mel said...

Awesome work on Manhattan. It's really coming along quick.

Claire said...

Love your Manhattan :)

Carolyn NC said...

Love Manhattan and you have a great start on the Scissor Pkt. CAHRH will be beautiful and I love your caddy!

Meari said...

You've been busy! Stitching, Knitting, Sewing. Everything looks great, Gabi! I'd like to do the scissor pocket. Where can I get a chart?

Siobhán said...

Your Manhattan is a wonderland of wonderfulness. ;) Sorry, you knew that was coming, didn't you?! Your other WIPs are gorgeous, too--love the knitting! And the caddy is fabulous. Beautiful work! You're a woman of many talents.

The 25 ct fabric for CaHRH sounds like it'll be luscious to work on. I can't imagine thinking that over one is easier than 40 ct but I suppose it's different strokes for different folks or maybe picking your poison, LOL. I admire your ability to stitch over one--I'd be at one block for a year, not working on anything else, if I had to attempt over one for the whole thing! Do try 40 ct on something small... I think you'd be pleasantly surprised that after your eyes get used to looking for the threads, that it'll be very easy. I'm eager to watch your CaHRH progress!

Deb said...

Gorgeous stitching projects! I'm so partial to Quakers, so I love this one you're working on. Everything is lovely, though!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Manhattan is looking great Gabi. Congratulations on finishing Coming to Water, it looks amazing.