Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back home!!!

After 6 weeks in New Zealand and having had a great time, we arrived back home last month. And still not back much on the internet. My computer has serious issues and Michael is going to fix this hopefully soon. It's getting rather annoying.  Thankfully I will have a brand new computer soon :)

Stitching wise I'm having a tad of bad luck lately.  I took a kit with me on holiday  and  prepared that quite well by making a plastic sheet for the color coding and the such....and managed to loose that. LOST IT. Which meant the end of stitching during vacation. I will go on with this one on our next vacation. That's how far I came...



After that I went on with knitting and finished 2 pair of gloves of which I forgot to take pictures before I gave them away to my aunt and my MIL. And a pair of socks for myself....





After homecoming I went on with working on Amsterdam which is still my favorite. And next bad luck struck. I'm completely at a loss how I managed it...but I did. I lost a color!!!! I searched everywhere and anywhere to no avail. It's gone. And I can't simply go and replace it, because I have not the slightest idea which color it is. To protect her designs Thea Gouverneur doesn't say which color the symbols are. This is utterly devastating and rather stressful. I wrote an email to Thea Gouverneur and really really hope they will tell me what color the lost symbol is. Here is an update on Amsterdam...

Finished couple of ornaments as well....

 Red House in Winter
 Designer: Little House Needlework
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Light Mocha
Fibers: DMC and Crescent Colours
Pear Tree
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Country Cream
Fibers: DMC + Delica Beads


Another ornament I made (TWICE) but cannot yet show because it's for an exchange. That was my 3rd time bad luck. After finishing it, and putting it together as ornament, I cut the edges and com-ple-te-ly blotched it. Cut so close to the edges that it started to unravel. It's held together now by glue and only will stay so if not touched....lol.
No way I could have sent that off. So I had to stitch it again.

Can only go up from here can't it? (crossing fingers here....lol)

18 comments:

Blu said...

Glad you had a great trip in NZ!

Hope Thea helps sort out the lost colour. It's so frustrating when things like that happen.

Great ornie finishes!

Reyes ♥El telar de mi abuela♥ said...

Están preciosos.
Besitos

Shelley said...

Welcome back Gabi!!

I hope Thea gets back to you regarding the lost color, keeping my toes crossed for you.

Love the socks you knitted. Jealous!!

Hugs to you and I look forward to more updates on your beautiful stitching :)

Robin said...

Wow, you really had some issues lately. Hopefully that is all behind you, now. Lovely projects and finishes!

If you don't hear from Thea, perhaps someone that has kit out in blogland could advise you on the color.

Justflo said...

Glad you enjoyed NZ. OOOps about the stitching horrors. Hope Thea sorts you out over the lost colour.

Giovanna said...

Your stitching, and the socks, are lovely! Glad you had a good trip, but bah on the bad luck - here's hoping that TG gets back to you.

staci said...

Welcome Back Gabi! Beautiful stitching and knitting. I love how your ornaments turned out too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

They say bad luck comes in threes so hopefully that's you sorted now!

Sally said...

Welcome back Gabi!

I hope you can get sorted with the colour. That is so annoying.

Your stitching is looking lovely.

MaryT said...

Gabi you sound like me loosing the floss, I do that all the time and most of the time it's right there with me. Even though you have made great progress.

Mary Louise

Aussie Stitcher said...

Hi Gabi, glad that you had a great holiday but what rotten luck about the lost color guide and thread ;( I hope you can sort something out. Some time ago you asked where I shop stash in Melbourne. Here is a link http://www.needleworkboutique.com.au/store/Default.asp. Bernadette is the owner and even though it is an ONS, Bernadette would be happy to make a time with you to visit her. She is based in Boronia which is on the right side of Melbourne for you.

Siobhán said...

AGH! Sorry to hear about the streak of bad luck. I hope you are able to find the missing color for your Amsterdam. Lovely ornaments!

I'm glad you had a good time in NZ!

Carolyn NC said...

Woohoo- glad to see you back home! Hope your string of bad luck ends now and you have lots of progress on your lovely WIP's. Great stitching and finishes!

Meari said...

Welcome back, Gabi!

Your stitching looks great. Sorry to hear your stitching came to a halt on vacation. And for the botched ornie. I can relate! I had to stitch an ornie 3 times.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great trip, but poor luck with the comptuer and stitching lately! I'd go crazy between all that going wrong!

Your ornament finishing is lovely!

Nancy M said...

Sorry it's taken so long so me to comment, but you know why. Love the Amsterdam piece, I'm hoping you have the thread issue worked out by now. You've had a bit a strange bad luck with your stitching, haven't you?? I'm sure you'll get back in the groove soon. The socks and ornaments are all great!!!

Anne Marieke said...

Dear Gabi, so sorry to hear you have had so much bad luck with your stitching.

Hopefully TG has sorted your colour problem.

If I can help in any way, let me know. I might know of somebody who has the kit and also a DMC colour card.

Anne Marieke said...

Update: Gabi, if your problem with Amsterdam is not yet sorted, I know of a Dutch stitcher who has the kit and might be able to help.

Just let me know and I will get in touch with her.