Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update on Hawaiian Mandala

The last week I'm only stitching on part 10 of the Hawaiian Mandala. This month it's quite a lot of stitching. Right now I'm busy with the second corner...and when that is finished there will be 2 more corners to go. I will be glad when part 10 is finished.


Part 10 - close up

I did change the orange flowers and their stems. Originally it is meant to be in Thread Gatherer Silk n Colors 175 (Straw into Gold). But that blended right into the fabric and became quite invisible. The stems are now a blend of SnC 175 and SnC 172 (Gingersnap) and the flowers are done with DMC 722.

After finishing part 10...or in between...there is a floss tag hanger to stitch for an exchange and I subscribed for another Christmas ornament exchange as well and I'm looking forward to stitching these smalls pretty much. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful, Gabi, you're doing great!

Terry said...

Looks beautiful. I can't wait for it to be finished so we can see how you frame it. (when you frame it; I tend to throw things to the side for months if not longer then frame them LOL)

Annie said...

This is looking really beautiful. Well done Gabi. The small finishes will give you a much needed boost to carry on with those corners!

Debbie Jo said...

This is coming along so very beautifully. Keep up the great work! I know you will enjoy the break doing some small projects too.

Robyn in Oz said...

This is beautiful Gabi. You're keeping up well. As to the small exchanges, I'm in them too. Good to have something quick to finish!

Rene la Frog said...

Looks fantastic Gabi. Love the volcano in it.

Lou's addictions said...

oh wow, this will look amazing when it's done, looks like such a big piece too.

Unknown said...

That is just so pretty. Her designs are beautiful.
Heidi-ILCS

Carolyn NC said...

This is one of my favorite mandalas that Martina does - you are doing a fabulous job. Can't wait to see the next installment. I know you may have told me - which fabric are you using? It looks like a sand or clay color, but it's beautiful. I've been eyeing this one since it came out. I may have to break down and get it!