Saturday, August 30, 2008

Stash and Stitching

The last days I filled my evenings with stitching this lovely sampler. And here is a picture of my progress so far.

Queen of the Needle

For now I'll put the "Queen" to the side and pick up my Hawaiian Mandala because the next part just got released.

What concerns new stash...to the total dismay of my husband I fell in love with simple little charts like "Little House Needleworks" and the such and got me couple of patterns. I bought "Snowflakes" and "Wool Needlebook" from Little House Needleworks and "Prairie Birds" from Prairie Schooler.

Poor Mike is not really enthousiast with my new love of this kind of patterns. Later this year I'll make him happy by starting "Coming to Life" which is a beautiful African themed pattern.


The reason I didn't start it yet is that I wasn't really impressed with the quality of the chart. After creating a chart on my own and taking months of fiddly work to get a clear picture of what I want to display, I got a bit picky. And seeing a chart which is basically created from a scan and not much "clean up" work done, makes me cringe. I looked EVERYWHERE to find the original painting or artist to be able to ask the artist for permission and make a chart myself - so that I could create a clearer picture of the animals. Can't find it. Oh well, since Mike loves this pattern so much I guess I'll skip all that hassle and stitch it as it is.

12 comments:

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

Oh Gabi this is SOO lovely!!!

Carolyn NC said...

I do understand the DH deal - mine doesn't really like XS pictures, except for certain ones. I'm sure your DH will appreciate the new picture. Your Queen is looking fabulous, too!

Rene la Frog said...

Very nice start on "Queen". I still need to add the beads to mine to finish it off. Can't wait to see your new charts and the one your DH wants will be very pretty when done

Anonymous said...

Queen is looking fabulous. I really should get to work on mine.

Unknown said...

Queen is looking really good!

Nessa G. said...

What is it about DHs trying to make OUR hobby about THEM? lol Lovely work on Queen!

Nancy M said...

I think with the African chart, if you stitch it on a smaller count it won't look as fuzzy as you think the chart looks. I am sure it will look great when done.

Ken's choice said...

Gabi that is beautyful, and I'm not really a sampler person ,but love this one !

Deb said...

Hi, Gaby! Love your baby sampler piece. It's so pretty. I have Hawaiian Mandala, too, but haven't started it, yet. Still trying to get something done with St. Petersburg and Taj Mahal, first!! I've enjoyed visiting your blog. Deb

Deb said...

Oh, I'm sorry...Queen...not baby sampler!!! oops! Deb

Debbie Jo said...

Queen is so very lovely! I also like the The animals and will be watching for it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nancy, go for the smaller count fabric and maybe tea dyed or hand dyed so it is more interesting for you. I also dislike scanned charts and poorly presented charts.

My DH doesn't care for my xs stuff because it takes away from my doing more stuff with him. If it makes you happy to stitch something then your DH should just learn to deal with it and be happy for you.