Sunday, August 3, 2008

Queen of the Needle and Christmas Ornament

The last 2 days I was working on the "Queen of the Needle", but somehow it didn't get the attention it deserves. After subscribing to another exchange, this time a Christmas ornament exchange, I started looking for a nice design. And because of that I lost a bit the fun of stitching on the "Queen of the Needle" Finished off the second band and took it off the frame - for now.



On the exchange front I found 2 designs in the end and went right into my stash to see what I have for it. I'm not sure yet if I'll stitch both of them or not. Point is that the one I like the most doesn't have that much stitching involved. Which makes me rather feel guilty even I really really like that one. So I might keep that one for myself then because I won't send anything off that looks like I wouldn't have put much effort in it. Not sure yet. On the other site it will get stitched on nice opalescent linen from Picture this Plus. It's a one of a kind color. And I'll use silk thread. That should make it up.
The other one (IF I'll stitch both) will be stitched on Lugana with DMC, also some beads. I'll see how it goes. Tomorrow I'll go into town to have a look for nice backing materials for both.

1 comments:

Nancy M said...

Your progress so far is great! This sure seems to be a popular pattern and will look great on your wall by your stitching chair! As far as the exchange goes, it's not how MUCH stitching is in it, it's the thought that counts. If you like that one better, then do IT!!! The person who gets it will be thrilled no matter what.