Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update on Alpine Garden

IT'S DONE....IT'S DONE....IT'S DONE. The stitching is...not the beading though. But for now I don't care...I'm too busy here with my happy dance. All stitching done. Right now I'm sooooo happy that I "finished" it. Tomorrow the truth will hit me probably that this piece is far from finished, but today I don't go there. Today it feels as if I have finished "something".

Alpine Garden - all stitching done

Besides, at the moment I don't want even to try to figure out how long it will take to put 1556 beads and couple of swarovski chrystals on it. It sounds a lot. I'll see how it goes. Can't hide from that anyway if I want to get this piece over and done with.

Ohh...and the picture looks a bit crook because it's hanging on the floor frame and the heater started to blow. (meaning I didn't have the patience to wait until the heater was done)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so beautiful, Gabi! congrats for getting the stitching done, and good luck on beading, LOL. lovely design & stitching!

Annie said...

What a wonderful stitching finish! I am not surprised you are having a major happy dance, you certainly deserve it. I look forward to seeing it with the beads and crystals too.

Unknown said...

Really really fabulous and I can't wait to see it with the beads on!

Suzann said...

it's just beautiful.

BW said...

Amazing! Can't wait to see it with the beading done. :)

Carolyn NC said...

You should feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment. It's gorgeous and a lot of hard work has gone into it!
Congrats!

Kathy in Orange County California said...

This is absolutely gorgeous - it will be breathtaking when the beads and crystals are attached!

Vicky L said...

The Alpine Garden is beautiful! I can not wait to see the beads and crystals are on. Good luck with it. You are doing a good job. Lovely stitching!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that is simply stunning!! Beautiful. And that's without the embellishments! Fantastic work Gabi.

Meari said...

It's STUNNING, Gabi!

I've got something for you on my blog. :)

Laura-Leigh said...

Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see it with the beads and crystals on. I'm happy dancing for you!

Nancy M said...

Happy dancing with you!! Is this your first Chatelaine finish?? I can't wait to be done with Tuscany. I have been beading as I go, so I just need to put the crystals on when I am done. I can't believe you were working on 2 Chatelaine pieces at the same time! Looking forward to the *final* photo!!!

Cynthia said...

I "just" bought this pattern, after drooling on it for forever at the LNS. It will be my first Chatelaine. Cant wait to see yours with the beads on!! Beautiful!!

Joy said...

Absolutely stunning Gabi!! This will look fabulous when the beading is done! Applause, applause!!!

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

It looks WonderFul!! I can only imagine it when the beads and crystals are added- what type of fabric is it done on?

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

That's just lovely! I can only imagine what the added beads and crystals will look like!

Unknown said...

That is so pretty. The beads will go faster than you think.
Heidi-ILCS