Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Christmas Ornament

Yesterday I finished the Chistmas ornament for an exchange at the "I Love Cross Stitch" yahoo site. For this exchange you don't have a partner, but we all send it to one of the moderator's who will then send an ornament to each participating member. There for I can already publish a picture of it.

And boy was I wrong. When I chose this design I thought that would be EASY as. As always....I'm wrong. Every time I think that something is very difficult I'm surprised how easy it was in the end - and virtually EVERY time I think this or that is easy as - I fall flat on my face.

Let's face it. I'm a beginner at smalls - and there for also a beginner when it comes to finishing techniques. Would someone please ...pretty please....give me a whack when I say next time, something will be most easy.

After the flat fold went so easy off my hand I thought, finishing is not such a big deal. Easy as!!! Chose a triangle shaped ornament...can't be that difficult can't it? And it is as if a higher power above me heard me saying EASY, opened and eye, looked at me and said: "Oh yeah? Is that so? TAKE THAT!!!" WHACK

It took me AGES to get it right. I had to make the inner layer 3 times, still the card board refused to go to the upper edge. Then it took ages to get the edging right, and don't discuss corners please. There has to be a better way to attach cording. But on the bright site...in the end it doesn't look too bad. I leave it as it is, and will send it off this week.

Quiet Night

And here a picture of the back:
Quiet Night - back

7 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

The ornament is lovely and you did a fantastic job with the finishing...keep it up and you'll be a pro in no time

Unknown said...

The ornament is really nice and you did a great job on finishing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gabi it turned out gorgeous! You did a fabulous job.

Meari said...

It turned out nice, Gabi! If you ever need help/advice on making ornies, just email me. I've made a ton of them. :)

Joy said...

Very pretty Gabi!! You did a great job!!

Unknown said...

It looks great! Whoever receives it will love the finishing!
Heidi-ILCS

Nancy M said...

You're being too hard on yourself, it looks great! Just forget about how you got there..... and just enjoy the finish. Someone will be a lucky recipient!