Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alpine Season Garden - Finished

Finally it's finished. After I changed the bead colors I thought I would run out of white beads. To my upper surprise there were JUST enough beads to finish it. What a luck...but then I ran out of svarowski crystals...lol. I ordered a bead packet and it stated it had 24 of that color, but it were only 20 of them. That was a bit of a bummer. So I ordered couple of them from an Australian seller instead of going back to Cindy from the European X Stich Company. She would have sent the missing beads at her cost, that's without a doubt. But I figured it would first of all take around 2 weeks before I would have the missing crystals, and secondly sending 4 beads from the United States is a bit over the top. So I let that pass and simply bought them myself.
Anyway, the beads arrived today and it's finished.

Alpine Season Garden FINISHED

Alpine Season Garden, Corner detail

Alpine Season Garden - Middle part


Isn't it funny somehow. You're busy with stitching, looking forward to finish it. Then you finally finish it, are all happy about it.....open the draw and put it in. Done. Although, I do plan to get this one framed. Soon...I think. LOL...I just realize that I said that about the Kookaburras I stitched last year too, and then it took almost a year before we brought it to the framer. On the bright site: if you wait quite a while before you bring it to the framer, you'll get again that "happy dance" feeling after framing.



Right now I fill my evenings with stitching at the "Queen of the Needle". Also in the start blocks is a small work to be finished as a floss tag for an exchange, another big Mandala, 2 boxes, and my husband is waiting for me to start his favorite - an African painting called "Coming to Life".

13 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

It is just to beautiful for words!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Nessa G. said...

Congrats Gabi!! Sooooo beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Stunning work. Definitely a piece to be very proud of.

Vicky L said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on the finish. I hope you get it framed soon.

BW said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun!! Too beautiful for words. :D

Anonymous said...

Stunning work!

Unknown said...

That is just so pretty. Good work!
Heidi-ILCS

Meari said...

Stunning, Gabi!

Carolyn NC said...

This is so gorgeous - you did a fabulous job. You should be proud. Make sure you post when you get it framed.

Terry said...

Stunning! I can't wait to see how you decide to have it framed. WOW!

Ken's choice said...

BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

Deb said...

Just fabulous finish of Alpine Season Garden!! I know what you mean about finished and in the drawer. It's the process of stitching that is the real fun...not the actual finish. But, a huge congratulations, Gabi.
Deb