Friday, April 17, 2009

Coming to Water, Manhattan Wonderland and other updates

First of all...I finished another page of "Coming to Water". 9 done - 7 to go. This one is at the moment my main project. It's a pleasure working on it.

Coming to Water - page 9 completed

There was also a nice surprise in the mail for me. Carla from the "I Love Cross Stitch" yahoo group was my partner in the Needle and Floss Exchange. And Carla truly spoiled me. I love everything. Thank you so much Carla for all the things you sent. I hope you'll like your package too...and that it soon arrives.
Floss and Needle Exchange ILCS

And I started my first HAED and LOVE it. Boy are these charts huge. One "official" page is for me in reality 2 pages. Anyway, I will stitch on this one every Thursday , because I joined a SAL. Soon as Coming to Water is finished, Manhattan Wonderland will move up to take that place in. I'm working on 25 ct Lugana over 1 and to my surprise I'm loving it. I think if the picture would be darker I would have considered a different fabric, or a different fabric color. But for this design with quite a good amount of transparant metallic used in the snow section, white fabric is just perfect.
Week2


And there is another start - my new "travel project" which I take with me when I'm out and about. It's meant to be an ornament for Donna's Cancer Cure Project . This piece is dedicated to my Father in Law who is suffering from this terrible disease. It's stitched over one on 25ct Lugana using Threadworx "Shortcake" .

Heart Alphabet

19 comments:

Carolyn's Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn's Crafts said...

OH Gabi that Coming to Water is coming along so great! I can't wait to see the next page!

Carolyn's Crafts said...

What a great sal! I'll have to watch for it to open again! Thanks for posting the link!
Carolyn

Donna said...

Gabi, coming to water is absolutely beautiful. I don't do large projects anymore, but I really admire those who do. I love your threads you got!
And thank you for the mention of our project and for stitching an ornament for your father in law!

Nancy M said...

You are just flying on Coming to Water! Over 1/2 way!!! And my goodness.....TONS of stitches on your HAED too! I'll love seeing you work on this one. I had one in the works, but baby things have taken priority! LOL Keep up the great stitching....for now I'll live thru you on the BAPs!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

OH Gabi that "Coming to the water" is absolutely gorgeous! Show us more.... show us more.... LOL

Nessa G. said...

Lovely, it all is! And I was totally going to do Manhattan Wonderland as well but when I went to order I found a Brooklyn Bridge piece by the same artist. Collecting Fabric and floss as we speak!

Carolyn NC said...

Great progress already on your HAED! Coming to Water is just beautiful. And your ornie is lovely already.

Unknown said...

Coming to Water is looking fabulous Gabi. Great start on your HAED. I am looking forward to seeing this one grow.
Nice start on your ornie!

Diane (di) said...

Oh goodness Gabi. Coming to Water is *beautiful*! Welcome to the HAED SAL, where stitching HEADS is like eating potato chips. :) Love that ornie, too.

Anonymous said...

All of your WIPs are fabulous - and you're going along so fast on Coming to Water, well done!

Mel said...

Coming to Water is looking great. Nice progress.
I love the new HAED you have picked! Can't wait to see that one grow

Cindy F. said...

Coming to Water is like an HAED piece!! Very detailed and lots of stitches! Beautiful progress Gabi!I saw a pic in a catalogue of this finished and I can definetly see why you picked it!! I love how the animals look like they're standing in front of the framed picture!
Love the goodies Carla sent you! Pretty floss!! Great start on your HAED...can't wait to see more!
And I'm so happy to see you stitching an ornie for Donna! It looks so pretty so far:) I'm so sorry your father-in-law is suffering from that dreaded disease. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers:)

Jan said...

Wow. Coming to Water is fabulous. Manhattan is in my stash. Maybe I'll start it one day.

Courtney Short said...

what great stash!! And your African WIP is coming along nicely.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE HAED patterns, but haven't been brave enough to actually try one yet... the pages of floss is what scared me off ;-)

Courtney

Rene la Frog said...

"Water" looks better and better with each update.

Meari said...

Nice exchange, Gabi. Your WIPs look good!

Wendy said...

I really love the design with the elephants. It is so gorgeous!

Your HAED is already looking great too!

Groetjes,
Wendy

Maxine said...

WOW I love the Dragonfly box, it's just gorgeous you did a great job finishing it. I've just looked through some of your posts and your stitching is absolutely beautiful...I can't wait to watch more progress on your first HAED :)