Thursday, April 23, 2009

Garden of Semiramis and other things

Here is a first picture of the Garden of Semiramis. Although...there is no garden yet...lol. This month we got the frame and 2 pilars. And that's quite a big amount to stitch. I finished yesterday the frame minus the beads and crystals. And I think I have a little break with Semiramis and do something else before I return to the pilars.

Frame



And I got notice that Laurie received the piece I stitched for her for the Woodland Exchange from HoE (Hooked on Exchanging). It was really fun to stitch it and to finish it as a sewing pocket. That idea of a sewing pocket came to mind after I saw the "The Travelling Stitcher" from Little House Needleworks. Deborah was a darling and posted some close up pictures of her pocket so that I got an idea how it's done. Wasn't that difficult in the end. With the exception that I'm not able to sew a straight line with my sewing machine...even if my life would depend on it. Not that this minor detail has ever stopped me using my sewing machine...lol.
Summer Arbor
Summer Arbor by The Drawn Thread
Stitched on 32ct Belfast linen "Light Mocha" using Needlepoint Silk and Gloriana Silk
Finished as Sewing Pocket for Laurie for Woodland Exchange

I also received a cute little pillow filled from Leigh for the Woodland Exchange. Leigh stitched a part of "And a Forest grew" from Rosewood Manor Designs and finished it beautifully off. She filled it with crushed walnuts which have a very nice feel to it. Love it. Leigh also sent me 2 skeins of Week Dyes Work which I love and a gorgeous notepad with magnet. That one has already a place on my fridge. Love it all. Thanks again Leigh :)

Woodland Exchange from Leigh


And the last picture for today is my progress with the Alphabet Heart which will be an ornament dedicated to my father in law and will be sent to Donna for her "Stitching for a Cure" project.
Heart Alphabet

24 comments:

Nic said...

The Pocket is fabulous - your partner is very lucky!

Annie Bee said...

What a lovely start to Garden of Semiramis and your Pocket is really pretty. You have been busy stitching

Diane (di) said...

Gabi, everything is just beautiful. Your needles are smokin'. Love the fabric you chose for Semiramis and the stitching and finishing on the sewing pocket is wonderful. Great job!

Emily in NC said...

Garden of Semiramis looks good so far. Looks like its going to be very detailed. Looking forward to more updates on that. The pocket is really cute.ILCS

Carolyn NC said...

You have been busy. Love it all! Garden is going to be beautiful and the exchanges are great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, all of it! I just love those corners in the Semiramis design. And what a gorgeous pocket! Well done on everything, also to Leigh for the charming little pillow.

Missy Ann said...

Just the frame alone is beautiful. Great job on the sewing pocket! I'm not brave enough to do anything without a pattern and a page of instructions.

Kathy said...

Your pocket is fantastic!!!!!! Your stitching and your finishing are both fabulous. I am in awe of your talent.

Mel said...

The ornament heart is so cool Gabi. You find the neatest things.

Meari said...

Your pocket turned out nice, Gabi. Your WIPs look good.

Donna said...

Everything is just lovely. You do such a nice job. Love that pocket

Cindy F. said...

The Garden's border is beautiful!
The little pillow you received is adorable, as is your heart piece:)

Unknown said...

I love the pocket you made. Your finishing techniques are wonderful. Your new Chateline is going to be so pretty!
Heidi-ILCS

Nancy M said...

I haven't seen the Chatelaine you started. I will be anxious to see more posts on that one! Your pocket is just gorgeous. Your finishing techniques are unbelievable! Maybe one day you can teach me in person! I have always loved that alphabet heart too.....another must stitch.

Carolyn's Crafts said...

wow! You have been hard at work!
Everything looks wonderful!
Hugs,
Carolyn

Rene la Frog said...

Nice start on you "Garden". I want to make one of the pockets too but it will be a while before I start one. Very nice exchanges.

Pam said...

Hi, Gabi. I'm a new reader to your blog and just wanted to drop you a line and say hello. Your stitching is lovely and your Hanging Garden of Semiranis will be beautiful. You got a great start on it.

Olga said...

Hi Gabi,
I am also a new reader, I came from Donna's blog. I think you had a great idea about the tree topper.
There are so many interesting and beautiful works here! Your Garden of Semiramis is going to be gorgeous.
Happy Stitching!

Unknown said...

All your stitching is beautiful Gabi!

JessB said...

Gabi, the pattern is called Children are a Gift, by LizzieKate.

Jess- ILCS

Teri said...

Your stitching is wonderful! Can you tell me who the designer is of the Alphabet heart? It looks like it's going to be beautiful.
Teri
mtjacobi@chorus.net

Sadie said...

Beautiful stitching Gabi. The pocket you made for the woodland exchange is so cool.

Wendy said...

Dat is een heel mooie start aan Garden of Semiramis. Ben benieuwd om de rest ervan te zien.

Groetjes,
Wendy

Lou's addictions said...

Hi Gabi, thanks for the comment on the cushion. I have just found out that the move might not happen for another 5 weeks, doesn't stop me from getting organised though. Now if only I could remember which box I put my stitching in now that I have a little more time on my hands....