Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another new toy

Sadly enough my sewing machine broke down after more then 20 years of service. And believe it or not...lol...that was reason for a happy dance. I'm dreaming of a new machine since ages, but told myself every time that it wasn't worth to spend the money because my machine was still good. That thing is 35 years old and virtually unbreakable. FINALLY...it sorta broke down. My mother of course suggested I got it fixed. But that could have to do with the fact that she was the one who gave the old machine to me because she hates sewing machines, and I switched subject immediately. Fixing it....*shiver*

Anyway...lol...I knew of course precisely what machine I wanted. Until I went to the shop and tried out. That changed my mind. In the end I fell in love with a Brother and went with the Brother Innovis NV-400 and LOVE it. Still can't sew a streight line...but who cares about those minor details. I have now lots of feet to play around with. No foot control, can set the speed and lots of playful details. Which keeps me nicely off the street.

Bother Innovis NV 400

Ohhh....wat concerns the old Singer...I found something stuffed in the spool department. That could have been the problem. And no...lol...I didn't try out. Shhhhhhhh.

There is also an update on "Coming to Water". I'm trying to get the hang of it back, but still have problems with concentrating. And that makes it a rather slow process.

Coming to Water

Nothing new on the knitting front - I'm still in the process of deciding which yarn to use.

Ohhh.....and here is a picture of Mike and Lucy sleeping together in front of Mike's pc. Is that cute or what? This is the dog we took more then a year "temporary" in to train her so that she could go to a good home. A dog that didn't turn out to be the toy it was supposed to be - a story about how horrible wrong it can go. A disturbed biting little girl that panicked for everything and anything. We all got bitten in the process of rehabilitating. In the end we have one happy little girl, who learned to trust(mostly)...and to listen. Not in that order btw....LOL. That temporary is estimated these days for another 10+ years.
Which brings the zoo to a grand total of 3 cats and 2 dogs. :)

Mike and Lucy

21 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Coming to water is coming along great! How in the world do you keep all those threads from tangling? I've seen other stitchers do this but I can see myself tangling them! LOL
I LOVE your new sewing machine! Girl! You and me. I took mine out of the box and haven't used it yet but hope to play with it today.

Jennifer

Emily in NC said...

Love the new machine, makes me want one, but wouldn't use it enough. Good progress on Coming to water and hubby and puppy are too cute.

Missy Ann said...

Congrats on the new machine!!! As you know I don't have any tips. Hitting things with a hammer is NOT a solution. lol

Coming to water is looking fantastic. So much progress!

Carolyn NC said...

That is one cute picture - priceless! Love CTW - looking wonderful. I'm so into finding a new sewing machine and I'm trying to wade through all the ones to choose from. Can you use yours with quilting if you want to? One day I'd like to venture into that, so I'd like one that can handle both the sewing and quilting.

Donna said...

Love your new machine. I wish I could sew with one. But after many, many tries, over many, many years, I give up!
Coming to water looks beautiful!

Rene la Frog said...

Sure looks like Lucy's trust issues have been resolved.

"Water" looks close to being finished...lookn' fantastic.

What a nice new toy!

anna s. said...

Congratulations!! I'm all envious BUT I realize I need to first start with a machine that just sew straight forward! LOL Enjoy your new toy!!!

anna s. said...

Oh, and that photo with Lucy... PRICELESS!! What a cute face!!! Want more pictures, me ;-)

Carol said...

CTW looks gorgeous. You'll get your concentration back soon I'm sure :)

Love your new sewing machine. I am getting ready to clean up an old treadle machine my neighbor gave me.

Your dog looks so cute in the picture. Same breed as another neighbor. We spent last week dog sitting him.

Sabine S. said...

May the old sewing machine rest in peace. ;-)And may the new one keep you happily off the streets for many nights to come! Lucy looks like a JRT. I have a rescue one and they are not a dog to take on without a lot of consideration, or else they end up like Lucy.
Sabine

Anonymous said...

thats a sweet picture of your dog and hubby!!

Diane (di) said...

Awwww. What a sweet picture of hubby and Lucy. Now as for the sewing machine, may your old one indeed rest in peace and congratulations on the new one. :) Coming to Water progress (yay). Simply stunning Gabi!

Anonymous said...

Coming to Water looks great. Congrats on the new sewing machine, and great picture of DH and dog :-)

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Wow...I love your new Sewing Machine...that is really nice.

Your WIP is coming along really well too...don't give up on this okay..keep stitching away on it.

I just love the photo of your hubby and the cat. That is way too cute.

Take care & Happy Stitching

Siobhán said...

That is just the cutest picture!! Bless you for taking in that pup. It looks like she has a good home, and for that I am glad. One of the neighbor dogs was hit by a car this weekend because the kids were speeding & the owners should be prohibited from having dogs... it makes me so sad. So, seeing that pic made my heart feel a bit better. :)

Congrats on the new sewing machine!! It looks wonderful! I want to get back into quilting after seeing all these beautiful Moda fabrics on blogs but need a new machine. Hmmmm...

Your Coming to Water is coming along nicely. ;)

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on your new "Cadillac" with cruise control, sounds like a very nice sawing machine.

Each time I'm looking on you Coming to water, I'm drooling,and I can't find that chart anywhere.

Your DH and a puppy look so nice! That's what I call unconditional love. I use to have a beagle and while we were driving across Canada she was sleeping on Freddy's belly with her both paws on his shoulders. My shoulder was a pillow for my great dane that was on the back seat...

Nancy M said...

Your new machine looks more like a computer! I wouldn't know what to do with it! I have a *basic* model and it does just what I need it to.....when I figure out how to thread it! LOL CTW is moving along....you'll get there. LOVE the photo, that net surfing must be hard work for the 2 of them!!!

Meari said...

What a fantastic sewing machine! I am soooo jealous. CTW looks great, Gabi. And a cute pic of Mike and the pup.

Carolyn NC said...

I left you an award - see my blog for details when you can. :)

Mich said...

This sewing machine really looks heaven, all automatical and computerized !!! I would fall in love with it directly also.

I too have the old sewing machine from my mother. And yes, for the moment, it is still fine also, I don't use it much at all but now that I have changed some stuff in the house, I have it standing on the table in the "sewing- and musicroom" and I might use it a little more often. At least the last 2 scrapbooking layouts I made, I have used my machine !!!

Have lots of fun playing with it, and I look forward to seeing some beautiful things you made with your machine.

bozenka1001 said...

Gabi
Coming to water is one of the most beautiful patterns I have ever seen!
I like it very, very much and your progress is fantastic.
Is it possible to buy the pattern from you? I can not find it on ebay and in online shops too.
My son will be so grateful...
Hugs
bozenahal@poczta.fm