Friday, September 4, 2009

Look what I got!!!

Ohhhh....I'm in love. My needles have a new home!!!
Marie P stitched for me this gorgeous needle book for an exchange from "Friends through Threads". The subject of this exchange was "For the Love of Needlework" and it had to be finished as a needle book.

Marie did a fantastic job. She stitched over one (!) a Little House Needlework Design called "My Needles Work" using Cresent Colors. It's so fine and beautiful. So are the little gifts Marie sent with the book.


The inside looks great as well. I moved my needles immediately to their new home.

Knitting wise...the wool arrived. I chose 10 ply pure wool from the Bendigo Woollen Mills called Luxury and I'm very happy that choice. This wool is really soft. Most wool is a tiny bit scratchy, but this one isn't. It's just super soft. The gauge knits up exactly the same as one used in the book. Only thing is, that I need a bit more of it, because pure wool is heavier then wool/acryl. It comes in huge 200g balls.
For my first square I thought I'll try an easy one after not having knitted for long years, and boy, am I glad I did that....lol. Meanwhile I'm getting back the hang of it - and LOVE it.


Part 5 of the Grand Marquoir got released. Didn't do much there yet. But anyhow....



Then there is a give away. I'm giving you a link here, and adding one to the side, because Deb is having a GREAT give away. I'm drooling over that scissor frog. It's a beauty.

And lastly...after the last post I'm trying to take a picture from her cuddly majesty, Princess Ashley. But, hmmm...something speedy always jumps in front of her snoryness soon as the camera appears. Ashley learned to ignore this little rodent in moments like this - it's like rain: it's annoying but it does happen no matter what. Thank god the girls love each other (mostly...but you know how sisters are)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabi, your new needle book is lovely! I love your new knitting project; your first square is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love your knitting! Still too hot here to pick mine up again (pout...). And the needle book is just fabulous!

Barbi said...

LOL...my dog used to do the exact same thing, she was a camera hog! No matter what or who I was taking a picture of she was always in the pic. Too funny, thanks so much for sharing the picture and the story. The needle book and your knitting is wonderful!

Diane (di) said...

Gabi, the needlebook is beautiful and over one, too! Love it. Woo hoo, you've started GAAA. That is a gorgeous square and I love having company... these squares are a lot of fun so far.

Nancy M said...

Great needle book, I made myself one, gotten one as a gift and given one as a gift. They are really a must have! I see the thread you got is from someone I also buy from on Ebay, if you like it and want more colors let me know. I'll ship them to you! The knitting is beautiful! And the sampler is huge! Nice job. There's always one camera hog in the family! LOL

Kathy said...

Gabi,
Love the photo of the girls. Beautiful dogs.
Your GM is looking better each time I see it. beautiful work.
And I love that needlebook. What a fabulous exchange.

Deb said...

I love your needlebook Gabi! What a great friend to stitch that for you. And I love your knitted block. Di has been knitting this too and she's dragging me into the fray. I can't wait to see more of your progress!

And your Marquoir - what can I say - it's gorgeous!

Siobhán said...

Both of your girls are beautiful, but you know which one stole my heart when I saw her!! :) Your other pup is adorable... I have a younger brother who did just the same thing. Camera would appear, there Kevin would be. We went through years where he'd be in absolutely every shot, whether it was just his head or his arm, etc. LOL

Lovely stitching! Your knitting is so nice, too. Lovely gift--wow! Lucky you. :)

Carolyn NC said...

Needlebook is gorgeous - I can understand why you love it! Knitting looks great, too. Your dogs are too cute and so funny to think of the annoying younger sibling bothering the older!

Irma said...

what a lucky girl! that is a lovely gift.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Gabi, your stitching is beautiful and I just love that needlebook!

Your knitting is gorgeous. That is your first project? Oh, my goodness!
You doggies are quite cute.

Jennifer

staci said...

Everything is so lovely! Enjoy your gorgeous needlebook. And your knitting is beautiful!!!

dany said...

Tout est très joli et j'adore tes petits chiens !

Olga said...

Gaby,
Your new needlebook is so pretty!
I love your knitting, white always looks so elegant.

Sadie said...

That is such a cute pic of your little four legged girls!
GM is coming along nicely and nice start on the knitting too.
That is a lovely exchange you received.

LadyV said...

The needlebook is wonderful. It is such a pleasure to have lovely needlework tools.

Your knitting looks great!

Vee
http://brokenneedle.typepad.com

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Grand Marqoir looks fantastic! What a great exchange you recieved!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The needlebook is beautiful as is your stitching!

Your knitting blog looks really good too!

Ruth said...

Congratulations on the lovely exchange and all your progress-- no matter the kind of needle. .... and greetings and virtual treats to your furry friends too :)

Aussie Stitcher said...

The needlebook is gorgeous. Your wips are looking great, I love the Marquoir.

mainely stitching said...

Your knitting looks amazing! If I could do that ... well, I'm just a huge fan of people who can knit. :D

Love the gorgeous needle book you received!