Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I heard the bells on Christmas Day!!!! - or was it the doorbel?

Yes I did hear the Christmas bells. It might be only November...but that's a minor detail. BECAUSE...firstly I'm in Christmas spirit...secondly I finished block 1 of Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow.

Of course the picture doesn't show the colors as they should be. The fabric should be darker. I'm stitching it over one on 25ct Lugana in the color "Vintage Marble Country Mocha"



Or did I get confused with the doorbell? While writing this post the doorbell rang and Santa the postman brought a packet from Kathy.  I won one of her fantastic give aways - a chart from Blackbird Designs called  "Awake the Dawning Day" . I LOVE that chart. Kathy not only sent the needed threads for it, she spoiled me also with lots of nice gifts. See that little Christmas ornament? The letters are tiny. It's stitched over one and it is so lovely. The picture doesn't do it justice. Thank you so very much Kathy.


And to stay in Christmas spirit I finished a Christmas ornament as well. Stitching snowy themes while the airco is running.It's even too hot to go outside today. I'm going strictly from airco to airco while humming Christmas songs.



Christmas Eve Deer
by The Prairie Schooler (The Gift of Stitching 11/2009)
stitched on a Silkweaver Solo (28ct Cashel) with recommended DMC

Another piece I recently started is called Alla Turca. It's a free design from Pelin Tezer, and a turkish variant on samplers.  Even the pattern is free to download on Pelin Tezer's website, I chose to stitch it together with a German yahoo group called Marquoir.  They cut the chart up in lots of small parts which get every 3 weeks released and are easy to fit in. That way I have a tiny finish regularly and I'm able to fit the whole thing into my stitching schedule. I'm stitching Alla Turca over one on 25ct white Lugana with my favorite red... Threadworx Bleeding Heart.



And some more Christmas ...I came a bit closer to finish my place mats. The never ending amount of long long long stripes were finally finished and I could cut out 40 pieces. And ...phew...I counted out how much fabric I would need, and got exactly 41 pieces out of 80 stripes. And I was slightly nervous while cutting not to make a fault. Anyway the front is done...batting added. Now "only" the back and the binding. And I'm dreading the binding.





19 comments:

Siobhán said...

Wow! Wow wow wow and a bit more wow. The new Alla Turca design, your ornament, the win, and your CaHRH block--wow. Oh, and the placemats, too! Your needles have been smoking, Gabi! Good for you--everything looks beautiful. Great eye candy post. :)

Unknown said...

Not too repeat Siobhan, but WOW - You have been a busy lady - so many beautiful pieces.

Congrats on winning such a lovely prize.

How fun to be in the Christmas spirit already - I can't think past my next homework assignment.

Enjoy your week.

staci said...

LOVE that first block of CaHRH, the colors are beautiful! And that's a wonderful PS ornie too.

Congrats on winning Kathy's giveaway...enjoy all your terrific goodies!

Pam said...

Too early for the Christmas spirit?? Never! I've been stitching ornaments since September! Your placemats are looking beautiful and your stitching if lovely. I love that little reindeer ornament!

Giovanna said...

Lovely start on CaHRH and on Alla Turca! And that's my favourite ornament from the GoS, it's lovely! Congrats on all your stitching and on the fabulous win.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Both pieces are very nice. The Prairie Schooler deer is beautiful

Kathy said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your package.


And all the lovely stitching you have been doing. Wow, I just love the PS ornament. And the CaHRH is gorgeous. (That one is on my Christmas list. LOL)

Love your placemats too.

Mel said...

HRH is looking great!
And wow, what a great gift. :)

Maggie said...

Lovely gifties! and your WIP's are looking good :-)
I stitched my AT in the same threadworx colour, it really is a wonderful red isn't it? I'm sure you'll enjoy stitching it too, it was a pleasure to stitch from begining to end:-):-)

Deb said...

Wow, what a lot of fun things in this post! I love, love your CaHRH block and the fabric you chose for it. I've used that fabric on a few pieces and love it. Your placements are wonderful and phew - thank goodness you had enough fabric. And I love your new start too!

From the Attic said...

I agree with all of the previous comments - you have a lot happening here and what a huge job those placemats are. They will look great when you have finished.

Chrissie

Nancy M said...

The first block looks really nice. I'm sure that got you in the Christmas spirit. Still not sure how that works when you have summer during Christmas! Great gifts you got and your other WIP look great as usual too. Did you finish the scissor keep??? Just wondering how you thought the finishing was.

Donna said...

Busy, busy girl. So are you like Santa and rest on Dec. 26? Love the stitching. Just beautiful.

Carolyn NC said...

Woohoo - what beautiful needlework you have! Love, love that CAHRH block- my favorite one on that piece. Your ornie is adorable and AT is breathtaking. Your mats look gorgeous and will be perfect at Christmas! And love the exchange. :)

Carolyn NC said...

Oops - meant to type gift, not exchange!

Brigitte said...

Block one looks terrific, and so does the PS ornament. All finished up and ready to be hung on the tree.
What a nice new SAL with that German group.

Riet said...

What a lucky girl you are, I hope to stitch in the future some Blackbird design pattern. I like the halloween socks very much!

Olga said...

I love your Christmas stitching and your Alla Turca looks stunning.
Good luck on binding the place mats!

Justflo said...

My word what a lots of stitching you've been doing.Congrats on all your finishes