Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Manhattan Wonderland and Snowflakes

Lately I haven't been sitting much at the pc. Simply because I can't really concentrate at the moment. Everytime I do sit at the pc and want to read a bit, I get side tracked and feel restless. Life is a bit hectic here with garden work and also worrying  about my father in law who is suffering quite some pain lately. His well being has at the moment absolute priority for us and we try to help him and my mother in law as much as we can to ease their lifes. Hopefully things will turn again to the better soon.The doctors are quite hopeful at the moment :)  Stitching however soothes the soul and helps me to stop thinking and worrying and calms me down. 
Anyway, that might explain why I haven't visited much blogs lately and wasn't very active in the yahoo groups and message boards I'm member off.


Last week I stitched quite a bit on Manhattan Wonderland and finished page 3.



While I normally finish a piece before starting a new one, I broke this rule this time and started a new travel project. Christmas is coming up after all isn't it? There for I started  Little Needlehouse Design called "Snowflakes". 
 

And lastly an update on Alla Turca

15 comments:

Faye said...

Beautiful work!~ I will pray for your family.... Faye (hugs)

Unknown said...

beautiful work - I pray that your in-laws are both feeling better very soon.

JessB said...

Your work looks great as always. Hope that you are able to calm your mind with the family problems.

Nancy M said...

You're making great progress on Manhattan. If you want to start something new, you have every right to with what is going on in your life right now. I hope your FIL's pain becomes more manageable and he's soon cancer free. It's always a good sign if the drs. are hopeful!!!

From the Attic said...

I am sorry to hear of the difficult time you and your family are going through Gabi and glad that you are able to find some solace in your stitching.

Chrissie

JOLENE said...

Gabi, your work is very pretty. I am happy to hear that your love of needle and thread has helped to eliminate some of the stress in your life right now. I hope things go well for you and your family and their health continually gets better......really soon! Take care.

Donna said...

Staying off the pc has paid off with your stitching. Beautiful!
I pray for your family.

Meari said...

Nice stitching, Gabi.

Siobhán said...

Lovely progress, Gabi! Prayers are going out for your family. Big hugs.

Cindy F. said...

Great progress on your new start already! 3 beautiful projects to help lessen your stress. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers:)

5 Foot Runt said...

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I will keep him and your family in prayer. It's a hard thing to watch someone go through so much. I love the Manhattan Wonderland. It's so pretty. Your other WIPs Look great as well.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope that your FILs pain eases soon. Your wips are looking great. Congratulations on finishing the Grand Marquior, it looks wonderful.

Carolyn NC said...

Gabi,
I'm praying your FIL and MIL will be better soon and that things settle down for you. Love your Manhattan! Nice start on Snowflakes and your AT is just gorgeous!

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching on everything! All the best for your father-in-law.

Brigitte said...

Your WIPs look so great.
Sorry to hear that your father in law isn't well and that he is in pain. I hope he's feeling a bit better by now.