Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Queen of the Needle finished

2 days ago I finished "Queen of the Needle" from Just Nan. Now I have to find a frame for it, or bring it to the framer. It's stitched using DMC on a hand dyed linen from Sugar Maple Fabrics. It's 28 ct opalescent Cashel linen in the color "Shimmering Powderpuff". I'm quite content how it turned out. This was my first time stitching on opalescent fabric and I didn't like it one bit in the beginning...lol. But after getting used to opalescent material it started to grow on me and in future I will stitch more often on fabric like that. The effect of it is quite worth it (even you can't see it in the picture...lol...it does shimmer nicely)

Queen of the Needle


And another Just Nan design got kitted up: Amethyst Snowflake. That one will be my first SAL ever. Normally once I start something I go on with it. But I would like to try out how I'll like it to stitch every Sunday on a design together with other members from ILCS yahoo group.



I also finished a floss tag, but can't show a picture of it. It's for an exchange and it will get send to it's new home later this month. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful finish, Gabi! Congratulations!

Terry said...

Beautiful finish! Can't wait to see how you frame it.

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful job, Gabi! Love the material you used, too.

Anonymous said...

QOTN looks fabulous!! I did this one in 2007 and just loved it!

Annie said...

Lovely finish Gabi. It encourages me to pick mine up again! I am afraid that it is looking more like a UFO at the moment but eventually I will get back to it, particularly if it could end up looking even half as lovely as yours.

Anonymous said...

Just Stunning! Congratulations Gabi!

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

Eventually I hope to be able to stich something as beautiful- wow!

Nancy M said...

Great finish Gabi, it will look fantastic hanging over your stitching place! I agree with the opalescent material. Sometimes its a pain, but the finish is so worth it. I am doing the Halloween Fairy on it and its so pretty in real life. Not so much in the photos though :-)

Carol said...

It's beautiful Gabi - congratulations!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, well done!

Meari said...

Queen of the Needle is beautiful, Gabi. Congrats on your finish.